Web App Shortcuts allow users to securely login to a web site in Silo without manually entering credentials each time. Administrators can create these shortcuts for users and provide them with one click access to web sites without directly giving the user the credentials. Shortcuts can be created for your entire organization, a sub group of users or for an individual user.
There are 3 ways Web App Shortcuts can be provisioned: User Controlled, Admin Controlled and Shared.
- Admin Controlled Web App Shortcuts Admin provides unique credentials for each user to access the web app shortcut.
- Shared Web App Shortcuts Admin provides a group of users with a single set of credentials to access a web app shortcut. Any new users to an org that has a Shared Web App Shortcut assigned will automatically inherit the shortcut.
- User Controlled Web App Shortcuts Admin provides the user with a web app shortcut, but the user will provide the credentials for the app which will not be revealed to the admin.
Who can view Web App Shortcut Credentials?
- Admin Controlled Web App Shortcuts: Only administrators can view/edit credentials.
- Shared Web App Shortcuts: Only administrators can view/edit credentials.
- User Controlled Web App Shortcuts: Only end users can view/edit credentials.
Adding Web App Shortcuts
Web App Shortcuts are added in the Silo Admin Console under the Web Apps section. To add a new web app shortcut, first the administrator will select the web app from our catalog. Once the web app is selected, the administrator must decide how the credentials will be stored.
Identifying How Credentials are Controlled for a Web App Shortcut
Once you create a web app for your users, you can use this legend to identify which type of credential control is tied to the web app shortcut.
- Admin Controlled
- User Controlled- Shared
Please Contact Authentic8 Support if you have additional questions or concerns.