Silo is an on-demand, remote, disposable browsing environment which executes browser code without taxing or exposing local resources. The ability to Import and Export Bookmarks enhancement to the service allows users to use transfer their local bookmarks into Silo for use. Or to export bookmarks generated in Silo for storage elsewhere.
- You must have the ability to upload files to your Silo environment to import bookmarks. It is possible for administrators to restrict this functionality. So please check with your administrator if you are not sure.
- You must have the ability to download files from your Silo environment to export bookmarks to your local computer. It is possible for administrators to restrict this functionality. So please check with your administrator if you are not sure.
- You must have access to either a Temporary, Pooled, or Personal Storage space to import your bookmarks. More info on storage here.
Currently, Silo supports HTML bookmarks as the source format for bookmarks. Obtaining this format of bookmarks varies from browser to browser. Please check your browser documentation or help links for more information.
Importing Bookmarks Into Silo
- Have an exported bookmark file in HTML format ready to upload
- Upload your HTML bookmark file to one of the storage containers
- Select the Silo Cloud Storage Icon
- Select Upload → Drive (screenshot shows temporary storage as the example drive)
5. Select your bookmark file and press Open. This will upload the file to Authentic8 Cloud storage
6. Load the bookmark file to Silo
- From Silo toolbar select the Silo Storage Icon
8. Select Import to Confirm
- Bookmarks are now loaded.
Importing Bookmarks Into Toolbox
- Follow steps 1-2 in the Importing Bookmarks Into Silo section above
- Load the bookmark file into Toolbox
Note: This will need to be repeated for each Toolbox window you have open
3. From Toolbox select the Toolbox toolbar and choose the Storage icon
4. Find your bookmark file and select it. Then press More → Import Bookmarks
5. Select Import to Confirm
Bookmarks are now loaded.
Export Bookmarks to Storage or Local Drive
If you want to export your bookmarks, this can be done from Silo or Toolbox. This might be helpful if you have added bookmarks during a Toolbox session that you would like to preserve.
- Select the Silo loud Storage Iconor
2. Select the Toolbox Cloud Storage Icon
3. Select More → Export Bookmarks
4. Choose a location and name for your bookmarks. This can be Authentic8 Storage or your local drive. Also, you may overwrite the file you imported previously