Silo is an on-demand, remote, disposable browsing environment that executes browser code without taxing or exposing local resources. The ability to Import and export bookmarks to the service allows users to transfer their local bookmarks into Silo for use. Or to export bookmarks generated in Silo for storage elsewhere.
- You must have user permission to Upload and Download files within Silo. Administrators have the option to restrict Upload/Download activity. Please verify that these options are enabled per your organization's File Transfer policy.
- You must have access to a Temporary, Pooled, or Personal storage space to import bookmarks.
Silo supports HTML Bookmarks format. Generating this Bookmarks type will vary from browser to browser. Please check the 3rd-party browser documentation for export instructions.
Importing Bookmarks Into Silo
- Have an exported bookmark file in HTML format ready to upload
- Upload your HTML bookmark file to one of the storage containers
- Select the Silo Cloud Storage Icon
- Select Silo Drive in the top right corner
- Select the Personal Silo Drive your bookmark file is saved in and select upload
- Select your bookmark file and press Open. This will upload the file to Authentic8 Cloud storage
- To load the bookmark file to Silo, you will need to open Bookmarks Manager in Silo. This can be down by clicking on the Ellipsis icon in the top right corner of Silo
- Hover over Bookmarks to see the option to select Import Bookmarks and Settings
- Select the Personal Silo Drive your bookmark file is saved in, then choose the Bookmarks to upload and click Select
- Bookmarks are loaded
Export Bookmarks to Storage or Local Drive
If you want to export your bookmarks, this can be done from Silo
- Click on the Ellipsis icon in the top right corner of Silo
- Hover over Bookmarks to select Bookmark manager
- Select the second Ellipsis icon
- Select Export Bookmarks
- Select the Personal Silo Drive to save your bookmarks in, verify the file name, and click Save
- Bookmarks have been exported
Please contact Support if you have any additional questions and/or require further information.