Release Date: September 22, 2021
Selective Chromium Render (Beta) Release
This is a major release and is the next release related to the re-architecture of the Silo Isolation platform backend. It is the second release of the next generation Silo Isolation platform.
- Seamless rendering of select websites within Silo for Safe Access using the next generation Silo backend based on a customized version of Google’s Open Source Chromium project.
- Website rendering and experience improvements - websites causing issues will seamlessly be rendered using the Silo Chromium backend within the existing Silo for Research platform.
- This is a Beta but does contain many of the features in the Legacy platform, with additional releases planned to add missing or broken functionality. Features that are available include but are not limited to,
- Basic Browser functionality, e.g. Find in Page
- Security Features
- Soft Keyboard
- User Logging
- New Selective Chrome Rendering Policy to enable/disable this feature in Admin Console
- The current version of Silo for Safe Access will still be available for user access and only sites flagged for Chromium rendering will be impacted if the policy is enabled.
If you have a website that is causing issues and needs to be added to the list please reach out to support at Support.