Entering a Vanity URL is necessary if you need to allow your users to have access to a Silo Access Vanity URL portal.
The purpose of this portal is that it extends the feature set of Silo by further integrating Silo into the desktop by giving you an easy way to launch the Silo secure browser directly from a page which you can bookmark in your traditional browser.
When configured properly, if a user navigates to the Silo Access Portal and executes an internet search, enters a URL, or presses a preconfigured Webapp shortcut icon, the search, URL, or the shortcut execution will be initiated in Silo.
When combined with Silo’s SAML integration, the Silo Access (Vanity URL) Portal is the initiation point for the SAML authentication step.
If you want to combine Silo's SAML integration you will need to set up the Vanity URL first.
Two ways to Set Up a Vanity URL
User and Orgs
- Open the Admin Console.
- Click the Manage button under the User and Orgs section. The User List window displays.
- Select the organization using the drop-down menu.
- Click the Edit Orgs button. The Edit Orgs window displays.
- Enter the Vanity URL in the Vanity URL field
- Click Save
- Open the Admin Console
- Select Customization policy group.
- Click the Branding Edit cog to open the Branding policy.
- Scroll down to bottom of page, Vanity URL, enter the Vanity URL.
- Click the Save button.
NOTE: Vanity URLs can only contain letters (a-z, A-Z) or digits (0-9) and must be between 2 and 63 characters long.
Next Step - SAML SSO
- Select Access and Authorization Policy group.
- Click the SSO (Single Sign On) Edit cog to open the SSO policy. See Silo’s SAML integration for further instructions.