Silo can now be launched directly via a local browser, without the need for a native client to be installed. This document is to serve as a general guide for launching Silo via a local browser.
The following table details the browser compatibility for Silo’s web browser access (1)
Browser Support Model
The ability to launch Silo from a local browser is expected to work with most modern HTML5 compatible browsers on the supported platforms detailed above. Authentic8 officially tests using the latest stable versions of the supported browsers and stops testing prior versions.
Launching Silo from a local browser has the following specific requirements.
1. A 64-bit OS and 64-Bit browsers are highly recommended.
3. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled.
4. If using Safari you may need to enable the audio.
5. SSL decryption must be disabled. Details About Firewall Rules Needed for Silo Access.
Local System Data Exchange
To copy and paste within Silo use the standard Ctrl + C to copy and Ctrl + V to paste for Windows and Cmd + C for copy and Cmd + V to paste for Mac OS.
How to Paste into Silo
To paste into Silo, you must use Ctrl + V or Cmd + V. The context menu in Silo will not work
Note: The context menu in Silo can be used if you are repeating a paste.
Known Issue: The copy and paste function within Silo can clear the local clipboard. Even if you don’t click OK, a space character will be put in local clipboard and replace whatever was there before.
How to Print from Silo
Download Files from Silo
When downloading files in Silo, Silo follows the steps that are configured for the local browser. For example, if you access Silo using Edge and choose to download from a website, follow these steps:
1. Browse to the web page you want to download.
2. Click the Silo menu and select Print from the menu.
3. The Print Dialog box will open with the your website displayed. Select Save
4. The Silo Storage manager opens, select My Computer. The download will begin automatically.
5. At the bottom of the browser, a pop-up appears. This is an informative display notifying you of the download.
6. Minimize the Silo window. In your local browser, go to Downloads to view or save the content.
Upload Files to Silo
Providing you have permission to upload a file from your device, follow these steps:
1. From the Silo main menu, click the Silo Drive icon then select Silo Drive
2. Click the Upload button
3. Select the file in your local File Dialog window and click Open. You may be prompted to authorize the upload. Click OK.
Using the Input Method Editor (IME)
The input Method Editor- IME can be invoked via a hotkey: ctrl + alt + i (same for all OSes)
Other Keyboard Shortcuts for Web Client (same for all OSes)
alt + r - Reloads page
- alt + t - Opens new tab
- alt + w/ctrl + w - Closes the tab (web client both Mac and Windows)
alt + p - For printing in few older versions of Edge but with tested version it's ctrl + p
If the network becomes disabled, the web client will attempt to resume the session. The following screenshots are examples of how session resume looks like while reconnecting.
When you click "Launch Silo", you will see this window appear.
User can click the radio button, "Use Single Sign-On (SSO)," add the organization's Silo Vanity URL, and use SAML via web client.
The URL to be used for launching Silo from a local browser: https://a8silo.com
Please contact Support if you have any additional questions and/or require further information.