Secure Web Gateway Integration (SWGI) provides enterprise customers with the functionality to allow their users to visit defined sites securely via Silo, rather than via their default browser.
The primary purpose of this guide is to provide SWGI end users with information regarding the user experience and page flow.
The following preparation steps are suggestions to make the user setup process as simple as possible.
- Check to see if Silo is installed on your working devices. If not, you may want to complete Silo installation prior to being forced to during the SWGI setup process.
- If Silo is not installed, review the Minimum System Requirements for Silo page to determine whether Silo is supported on on your work environment.
There are three basic SWGI user paths:
- A first time pass on a device with Silo not installed, requires a user to download and install Silo while stepping through the SWGI process.
- A first time pass on a device with Silo installed, allows the user to skip the Silo setup process and go directly to launching Silo.
- For all subsequent SWGI access after the initial pass, the user will see at most a single page regarding the launching of Silo.
Note: Please contact your local IT Support if you have any questions or require further assistance regarding Silo.
SWGI Process Pages
SWGI functionality has a set of process pages, which primarily deal with ensuring that Silo is installed and that SWGI will correctly work.
SWGI Page Definition
This table lists the SWGI pages, along with a general description and display frequency.
|#||Page Name||Description||Display Frequency|
|1||Welcome||A welcome page providing options for users to learn about Silo, proceed with Silo Setup and the SWGI process.||One-time, on a new user's initial pass.|
|2||About Silo||A general information page on the Silo product.||One-time, on a new user's initial pass.|
|3||Silo Setup||A page for Silo setup, providing a download and install link.||One-time, on a new user's initial pass.|
|4||Silo Sign-in||A page displayed for PIN users only, requiring a sign-in to proceed with the SWGI process.||One-time, on a new user's initial pass.|
|5||Troubleshooting||A page providing troubleshooting options on setting-up and launching Silo.||One-time, on a new user's initial pass.|
|6||Download and Install||Provides Silo downloading and installation for SWGI users and is linked from the Troubleshooting page.||One-time, on a new user's initial pass.|
|7||Silo Support||Provides mail contact to Support, linked from the Troubleshooting page.||One-time, on a new user's initial pass.|
|8||Launch Silo||A page that provides a button for the launching of the designated URL in Silo.||Displayed on every SWGI pass.|
|9||Relaunch Silo||Follows the same functionality as the Launch Silo page.||One-time, on a new user's initial pass.|
|10||Silo||The designated site is rendered in Silo.||Displayed on every SWGI pass.|
SWGI Page Flow
The following diagram details the SWGI page flow for both Single Sign-on (SSO) and Pin customers.
SWGI Page Definition
Please see SWGI Process Pages for complete display, content and navigation information, for all SWGI pages.
Please contact Support if you have any additional questions and/or require further information.