Granular Admin Controls allow role-based Administrator privileges to be assigned to certain user accounts. This enables organizations to distribute administration duties without having to provide full Admin permissions.
For example, an Admin may choose to delegate user management functions to Help Desk personnel. In this case, end users within the Help Desk group will be able to add, delete, or modify Silo user accounts This setting would allow a Help Desk staff to perform a PIN reset, but would not have the ability to modify policy controls over the entire organization.
1. To assign granular Admin permissions, open the Silo Admin Console and navigate into the Users & Orgs section.
2. Select and highlight a user account, then double click the user entry to show more details.
3. Click the Lock icon next to Admin Permissions.
4. Select the checkboxes for the permissions that need to be assigned.
5. Click the Save button towards the bottom when finished. In the example displayed here (after pressing Save), the test user account only has access to Logs.
Updated to include Logs Permission.
Description of Admin Permission Groups
Users - This permission allows the configured Admin to add, delete, suspend and modify user accounts. To enable this without the Admin Delegation permissions, you must select Users and then de-select the Admin Delegation permission.
Admin Delegation - This permission allows the Admin to assign Admin permissions to an end user.
Note: The Admin cannot assign permissions for a permission that they do not have. For example, an Admin with User permissions, and with the Admin Delegation enabled, cannot assign Policies permissions to another Admin account.
Organizations - This allows an Admin to add, delete, move, and modify the Silo organizations and its sub-orgs.
Policies - Enabling this grants access to the org Policy settings
Resource Provisioning - Controls access to the Web Apps settings, which controls Web App shortcut provisioning, along with Pooled Storage allocation.
Logs -This enables permission to download audit logs in .csv or JSON format.
Please contact Support if you have any additional questions and/or require further information.