This document provides instructions on how to test connections to any of the load balancer IPs listed in the Details About Firewall Rules Needed for Silo Access page.
- You will need to have access to a working Silo client installation on Windows or Mac.
- You must have either terminal or CMD access to the client computer
- You must have a working account to the Silo service.
Note Regarding The Switch To Google Compute
If you are going through this procedure because you want to test the new Google Compute load balancers. You only need to test the Load Balancer IPs labeled "GCE".
For each of the Load Balancer IPs listed in the Details About Firewall Rules Needed for Silo Access page, you should perform the following procedure:
Launch a terminal or CMD prompt from Mac or Windows.
Navigate to one of the following
- Windows: C:\users\<user ID>\AppData\Local\Authentic8
- Mac: /Applications/Authentic8.app/Contents/MacOS
type in the command:
a8cli.exe (or ./Authentic8 on Mac) -s <load balancer IP>
If you see the PIN or the browser opens (depending on your configuration), then you are all set. If you hit any sort of SSL or connection error, you may need to have the IP white listed.
Please Contact Support if you have additional questions or concerns here: Support