Authentic8 supports Silo on Ubuntu 32bit architecture. We provide instructions for 64bit architecture as well, but it is not explicitly supported.
Details on Ubuntu Support follow.
- 32bit fully supported
- 64bit instructions are provided below, but full support is not available
- We support all versions newer than 12.04
- If you are installing the 64bit version, see below for additional instructions
- Download the client here: https://www.authentic8.com/get/
- open a terminal window and navigate to the downloaded file
- run 'tar -xvfz <package name>'
- cd into the created directory
- run './install.sh' Note: sudo is not required
- select 1. to install
- a desktop shortcut is created
Additional Instructions for the 64bit Version:
- Pre 16.04
run the following pre-requisite packages: 'sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libz1:i386 libexpat1:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libXxf86vm1:i386 libSM6:i386 libXv1:i386 libxkbfile1:i386'
- Post 16.04
run the following pre-requisite packages: 'sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libexpat1:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libxxf86vm1:i386 libsm6:i386 libxv1:i386 libxkbfile1:i386'
Once installed, double click the shortcut on the desktop to get started.