The Message Bar provides the following information to users:
- Custom Message configured by the administrator
- Browser Location displays the region of the data center where the browser is running
- Egress Location displays the region of the data center where the browser egresses to the Internet.
If the Message Bar is visible, clicking on the arrow icon will display additional information, including:
- IP Address of the data center where the browser is running
- IP Address that will be seen by web sites that the user visits
- User Agent/Browser Info
- Local Client IP address that would be shown to web sites if the user was not using Silo
Based on settings configured by the Administrator, users may not have the custom message or browser location displayed.
The Message Bar can be enabled/disabled by the user if the administrator has set the Message Bar policy to user controlled.
To enable/disable the Message Bar, users can adjust the setting in their Silo or Toolbox browser.
Menu ->Tools->Show/Hide Message Bar
Note: If the menu option is not shown, the administrator has disabled user control of the Message Bar.
Please contact Support if you have any additional questions and/or require further information.